Top 5 Workplace Blogs of the Week for Feb 22 – 28th
I probably read 100 blogs a week. Yup, I love blogging and our industry that much, or I have nothing better else to do. Actually, the latter is not true. What blogs grabbed our attention this week? This list is direct from the mouth of our merry group of writers here on Blogging4Jobs. Here’s the top five blogs our writers couldn’t get enough of this week.
- Does Social Media Change the Meaning of Solicitation? A blog post from the Ohio Employment Blog discusses how social media changes for companies who use sales professionals and solcitations. Good stuff. Click here.
- Cigars and Policy Changes: In Support of Marissa Mayer and Jackie Reese. A blog post from China Gorman takes a counter point of view regarding Yahoo’s recent announcement to no longer allow employees to telecommute. Click here.
- 10 Steps to Keeping Employees Engaged and Motivated. A blog from Eskill that provides a good look into effective employee engagement methods in 10 simple steps. Click here.
- My Boyfriend is Getting Work Calls on His Days Off. One of my favorite manager blogs is Ask a Manager. Discusses a common problem of employee’s getting work calls on their days off. While it doesn’t address exempt and non-exempt employee statuses, it provides good insights. Click here.
- Are Your Job Postings Driving Away Talent. From Staffing Talk. Over 9 billion dollars is spent in the US annually on job postings. What are you really doing? Click here.
And our top blog post of the week on Blogging4Jobs is. . .
- Job Descriptions Make Good Hires. Written by Mary Wright of HR Gazette and our resident attorney here on the blog. She talks about the bare bones minimum your job description must have to hire effectively. Click here.
What blog post or article did you enjoy reading this week? Please share by leaving a comment below.
Article by Jessica Miller-Merrell
Like this post? Want more from Blogging 4 Jobs? Subscribe via RSS to get updated with all the latest content.