Text ‘SHRM’ to 55678 to receive conference party reminders, announcements and other happenings sent via text. YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED CONFERENCE ATTENDEE TO ATTEND ANY PARTIES ON THIS LIST. Please bring your badge to prove registration.
SOCIETY OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
For human resource managers, an HR conference is a must. The SHRM 2013 Annual Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from June 16-19th in Chicago and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to SHRM.org and get on it! Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text SHRM to 55678. Of course it’s not only the training for HR professionals that makes national HR commences such an important part of continuing education in HR management. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on form being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that are the conference parties. But first, if you happen to be taking your children to the SHRM conference, I might advise that the party nightlife might not be the best environment for them.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES
My secret to conferences including this year’s SHRM Conference in Chicago is simple. I try to make it into my room just before 2:00 AM. I’m not the first to go home from a night out among my friends, and I’m not the last. I sleep five hours and am up by 7:00 AM and back into the conference folds by 8:30 AM. I eat, attend sessions, demo products, and meet with HR folks. I love doing this! Around 4:00 PM I am dragging so I wait for my second wind except that it doesn’t happen. I head back to my hotel to grab a couple hours of sleep. I’m recharged, refreshed, and just in time for dinner and the night life all over again. Because of the sheer size of SHRM 2013 Annual Conference (it’s 15,000+ attendees strong), there is a lot going on especially after hours. Let me tell you those SHRM parties do not disappoint. The last 2 years I got a lot of great feedback on my Official Party Guide’s for SHRM, and so I bring you the 2013 version.
SHRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2013 PARTY GUIDE
SHRM Day 1, Sunday, June 16, 2013
- PIHRA Reception at SHRM. Hosted by PIHRA and sponsored by CloudHR.com. Forks Prime Rooftop Lounge at 333 E. Benton Place Chicago. 7:00 PM-8:00 PM. No Registration Required.
- SHRM13 KickBall Fundraiser. Hosted by Dovetail Software to benefit Share Our Strength. Grant Park Chicago. Starts at 7:00 PM. Information and click to donate
SHRM Day 2, Monday, June 17, 2013
- HRCI Hideaway Networking. Hosted by HRCI. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday & Tuesday and 8:00 AM-12:00 PM Wednesday. Inside the McCormick Convention Center next to the Hive. No Registration Necessary.
- Employee Risks Alert Cocktail Reception. Hosted by Sterling. 5:30 PM – ?. The Regency Ballroom inside the Hyatt McCormick Hotel. Register here.
- A Night at the Museum. Hosted by Fisher & Phillips LLP. 6:00 PM- 8:30 PM. Art Institute of Chicago 111 South Michigan Avenue Chicago. Registration is limited. Register here.
- SHRM13 Cocktail Party. Hosted by BackTrack. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. Hard Rock Cafe at 63 W Ontario St Chicago. No Registration Listed. Details here.
- Simply Hired Cocktail Party. Hosted by SimplyHired. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. MIX Lounge at Hyatt McCormick Place. Register here.
- International SHRM Reception. Hosted by SHRM. 5:30 PM-7:00 PM. Sheraton Hotel at 301 E. North Water Street Chicago, Ballroom 8-10. Register here.
- Thomas Edison State College HR Networking Event. Hosted by Thomas Edison State College. 5:30 PM-7:30 PM. South Water Kitchen at 225 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago. Cost is $10. Register.
- MISHRM Reception & Dinner. Hosted by MISHRM and sponsors Quicken Loans, Crowne Plaza Hotels, Credential Check Corporation, and Lumin Financial. 6:30 PM-8:30 PM. Navy Pier with dinner and drinks on the Spirit of Chicago. Register here. (This is a SOLD Out event.)
- A Night Out with iCims. Hosted by iCims. 6:00 PM-10:30 PM. Navy Pier with dinner and drinks on a boat. Register here.
- Official SHRM Tweetup. Sponsored by SHRM & Glassdoor & music by DJ Jazzy Jeff. 8:00 PM-11:00 PM. House of Blues at 329 Dearborn St Chicago. Register here. (You don’t want to miss this. Craziest and most fun party at SHRM12)
SHRM Day 3, Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Pre-Concert Dinner Specials. Powered by SHRM. Discounts, complimentary items and other cool specials at Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, Sushi Samba, Fogo de Chao, Wildfire, Rockit, Carson’s Fulton’s and fado. You must have your badge to receive discount. Click here to access discount information.
- Kelly Clarkson in Concert. Sponsored by SHRM. I’ve been tweeting Kelly to try land a spot at the concert as a VIP. 8:00 PM – ? Concert inside McCormick Conference Center. SHRM conference attendees attend for free. Details here.
- Tuesday Night Takeover. Food and spirit discounts after the concert to help attendees explore the city from 10:00 PM-1:00 AM at John Barleycorn, Moe’s Cantina, Rockit Bar & Grill, Howl at the Moon, American Junkie & Ay Chiwowa. You must have your conference badge to receive food and drink specials. Download flier by clicking here.
What party, mixer or other event did at miss happening during the SHRM 2013 Annual Conference? Leave a comment and let me know. Don’t forget to text ‘SHRM’ to 55678 to receive announcements and party reminders sent via text during the SHRM conference. Don’t forget to check out our killer list of things to do in Chicago and other SHRM stuff you need to know.
Tagged as: HR conference, HR conferences, human resource conference, Human resource managers, Human resources conferences, Shrm 2013 annual conference, shrm annual conference, Shrm annual conference 2013, shrm conference, Shrm convention 2013, Shrm national conference 2013, Shrm.org, Society of human resource management
Article by Jessica Miller-Merrell
Like this post? Want more from Blogging 4 Jobs? Subscribe via RSS to get updated with all the latest content.